Friday, April 30, 2010

The Eve Of Wildflower

Posted by Cody

As I lay in bed on the night before my first half ironman I can't help but be slightly jittery. My mind's a racing, my stomach's a churning and I can't help but think about what I'll be doing 12 hours from now. I'm constantly reminded of race day as I look down at my hands on the keyboard I see my number 1807 marked in bold, black permanent marker. Anywho... I swam a bit today in Lake San Antonio where WF is held. The water was about 61 degrees which felt quite warm compared to swimming in Fall Creek the past few weeks. I think I'm going to survive tomorrow. I'm praying that everything will go as smooth as possible from swim start, to transitions, to making it across the finish line with enough energy left to throw down the moon walk. With that being said... the next time I write to you, I'll be that much closer to becoming an Ironman.

Now it's time to get some.

0 comments:

Post a Comment