Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wildflower 70.3

Posted by Cody

I would have to say my first half iron was quite successful. I ended up taking 4th place in my age group coming in just after the 6 hour mark. My official time was 6hr and 30 seconds. My swim time was 35 minutes, bike time was 3hrs and 17 minutes and my run time was 1 hr 59 minutes and 53 seconds. The course was quite challenging. The bike consisted of 2 major hills and alot of rollers. The run was by far the hardest run I've ever done (racing or training). The run was mainly off road on a sandy rocky surface. The run was primarily hills. When I got off my bike and started the run I couldn't have felt stronger. I've never been so happy to start running. It felt glorious on my legs to have them moving in a different motion. I started off with a steady pace...not to fast not to slow. I didn't want to start off to strong and have to walk at the end. Our ages were marked on our right calf. My constant motivation on the run course was to hunt down women in my age group and pass them. I ended up passing 6 girls on the run. All in all I had an incredible experience at Wildflower and would love to come back and beat my time next year. Now its on to CDA!!! Thanks for all your support.

C

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job little lady, u rock! C u in June. Did you see and boobies?

J.Barton

Post a Comment