Thursday, April 29, 2010

SLO Here I Come

Posted by Cody

Made it to San Francisco yesterday. Spent the evening with Zephyr (my roommate from last year). Today I'll travel on to San Louis Obispo. I can hardly wait to get to some warm weather, see the Abster, and get ready for one of the largest races in America. Wildflower is now only 2 days away...thats right 2 days. When I registered for Wildflower on December 2nd I thought race day would never come. Shockingly its here. To be honest I can't wait for Saturday. The race starts at 8 am but the swim is done in waves. My wave begins at 9:10 and will consist of women 29 and under. Piece of cake! Knowing that I don't have to do a mass start with pros, men and thousands of other great swimmers gave me a huge confidence boost. I've been practicing open water swims in Fall Creek near Eugene the past few weeks. The water temperature has been a whooping 52 degrees. Putting your face in the water is a combination plate of claustrophobia, suffocation and a mega ice cream headache. Basically I focused on staying in the water, sighting and getting used to freezing water. Luckily the average water temp for WF is 72 degrees. This should be a walk in the park compared to Fall Creek. The bike portion of WF is sure to be a b*&^% the last hill is called the "Nasty Grade" and is a 1000 ft 5 mile climb straight up. The run is 40 % road and 60 % trails. From what I've heard there will be naked college students popping out of the trees along the run course. This should make for an interesting and very entertaining 13 miles. To say the least, I think I'm ready for the heat of WF. I'm prepared, focused and ready go all in. With that being said....BRING IT ON WILDFLOWER!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Boobs during my run!!

Barton

Anonymous said...

You so would.

Post a Comment