Sunday, November 22, 2009
Posted by Cody

After years and years of contemplating whether or not or when to do an Ironman triathlon I've signed the papers. On June 27th 2010 at 7 am sharp I will compete in Ironman Coeur d'Alene. This is my chance to prove to myself that I can do anything. It is my opportunity to embark on a personal journey to a place I haven't been. I will learn the commitment level of training 10-20 hours a week. I'm excited to push myself to this unknown level. I'm excited to develop a work ethic that is untouchable. Last year at Ironman Cda there were 18 people in the 18-24 age group for women. Three of those people didn't finish. That leaves a one in fifteen chance of qualifying for Ironman World Championships. With that being said I will be stoked if I even finish Ironman in 17 hours. I will hope to finish in under 14 hours and I will train like I'm going to Ironman World Championships. When I'm riding my bike in the middle of February in the pouring rain I will think to myself...One in fifteen and thats when I will learn to dig deeper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment